For so many of us, the beginning of a new year represents a moment to pause, recollect ourselves, and create a new set of goals for where we see life going in the year ahead.
But as a coach, I’m pretty familiar with goals gone haywire. Ambitious plans… but after a few weeks of willpower and effort, the discouragement begins to set in.
Often, I see New Year’s Resolutions focus on either:
- Action goals, like “I will go to the gym three times a week”
- Or the final outcome, like “I will have my A1C below 6.0”
Action goals often get left in the dust after a few weeks. And purely outcome goals are tricky, because you’re left without a plan to really get to that desired outcome.
Setting any kind of goal without reflection first puts you on the highway to quick burnout.
I believe reflection is so powerful for a few reasons:
- It helps us learn from the past
- It helps us identify the “thing beneath the thing” (why do I really want this?)
- It connects short term-goals to the long-term vision we have for ourselves
This is why for the second time, Lauren Kim Wellness and I have co-created a 2022 Reflection Guide, designed for those who want to improve their health with a heart-mind-body approach.
In the guide, we share our two-step process to help you reflect on your 2022 and create your intentions for 2023. When you download the guide, you’ll receive our step-by-step approach that we’ve used with all of our clients.
Wishing you a bright, healthy, and happy 2023, friends!